Sycamore Tree Childcare is now rated 5 Star on the YoungStar rating. Read more about the Wisconsin YoungStar rating program and why it’s great news for all children of Sycamore Tree!
What is the YoungStar Rating Program?
YoungStar is a program of the Department of Children and Families created to improve the quality of child care for Wisconsin children.
YoungStar evaluates the quality of care given by regulated child care providers and rates them from 1 Star to 5 Stars, with 5 Stars being the highest rating.
A provider’s star rating is based on:
- Education Qualifications and Training
- Learning Environment and Curriculum
- Professional and Business Practices
- Child Health and Well-Being Practices
- Evaluates and rates the quality of care given by child care providers
- Helps parents choose the best child care for their kids
- Supports providers with tools and training to deliver high quality early care
- Sets a consistent standard for child care quality
A word from our Executive Director, Beverly Zukowski
I am again thrilled to be able to share this news with parents and our community that we have increased our YoungStar rating from 4 Stars to 5 Stars! What an amazing accomplishment.
The staff at Sycamore Tree Childcare are working hard for our families and it’s incredible to see how driven they are to achieve what is best for the kids that are in our care.
On behalf of myself and the Board of Directors, a BIG thank you to all parents, staff and even our littlest team members. Sycamore Tree is making huge strides still in 2017.
Mission and Goals of the Department of Children
The Mission of the Department of Children and Families is to improve the economic and social well-being of Wisconsin’s children, youth and families. The Department is committed to protecting children and youth, strengthening families, and supporting communities.
YoungStar’s five overarching goals are:
- Children are nurtured, safe and engaged
- Enhance prevention and early intervention efforts throughout Wisconsin
- Families will have access to quality early care and education
- Parents will secure and maintain meaningful jobs
- Fathers will be more engaged in the lives of their children