Before- and After-School Programs (5 – 12 years)
Our before- and after-school program provides the perfect combination of recreation and education. In our safe environment, your child will be presented with opportunities for fun, socializing and learning—they’ll do homework, get some exercise, create projects, participate in group activities and more. Plus, our convenient hours and transportation to and from school make it easy for them (and you!) to get into a routine. Through activities such as field trips, reading, cooking, music, and art, your child will explore themes like animals and the environment, science and experiments, world cultures, fitness, cultural events and more.
Sycamore Tree Child Care also offers school-age programs during holidays and other breaks from school.
- Winter Break: Our holiday break program keeps your child interested and entertained with dozens of projects and activities.
- School Breaks: We’re open even when school isn’t—teacher conferences, inclement weather and half days are no problem.
- All Summer Long: We make summer even more fun with exciting themes, activities and field trips.
What to bring from home?
Children should come dressed and ready for action. We recommend washable, comfortable clothing. No flip flops or sandals for outdoor play or field trips. A change of clothing in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name that include; socks, shirt, pants and underwear. Please change seasonally or as your child outgrows the clothing. Boots, coats, hats, snow pants and mittens are needed to protect from the cold and from mud. All children are required to be taken outdoors each day except during inclement weather or for health reasons such an ozone alert day.
In addition to a change of clothing, school-agers will need the following.
- Any medication needed and completed medical form
Special summer needs include
- Swimsuit (one piece or tankinis only)
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
- Old tennis shoes for walks, outdoor play, and field trips
What not to bring?
We ask that children please leave toys, electronics, food, gum, pets and money at home. The learning materials at the center are shared by all children as part of the learning experience. Lack of concern about one’s own toys being lost or broken enables the child to participate more fully in our educational environment. The Sycamore Tree is not responsible for lost, stolen or broken items brought from home.